Avoid Neck Pain This Holiday Season with Help From Our Chiropractor in Kenosha!
We're officially approaching that time of year when holiday travel really starts to ramp up. But at Jeranek Chiropractic, our chiropractor in Kenosha has seen hundreds of people come back from holiday trips and family gatherings complaining of neck pain and stiffness.
While consulting with a chiropractor is hugely beneficial for symptom resolution, there are also a few simple exercises that travelers can do to avoid coming home with a sore neck or back.
Easy-to-do Stretches & Exercises to Prevent Travel-Related Neck Pain
Sitting so much in a plane, train, car, or bus can lead to stiffness and tension in your spine. Try these exercises during your next trip to prevent shoulder and neck pain:
- Neck Retractions - Keep your neck long and keep the crown of your head pointed up toward the ceiling. Keeping your chin level, tuck your head back (imagine a turtle pulling its head back into its shell). This video provides a helpful visual.
- Neck Rotations - Look straight ahead. Keeping your chin level and your trunk still, turn your head to the left as far as you can comfortably. Then, turn to the right. Check out this video for tips.
- Lateral Neck Stretch - Look straight ahead. Reaching up and over, place your right hand on left side of your head. Gently move your right ear toward your right shoulder. For a deeper stretch, grip your seat with your left hand. Hold for 90 seconds, and then repeat on the other side.
- Shoulder Circles - Look straight ahead. Keeping your head still, gently shrug your shoulders up toward your ears, then pull them back then down.
- Bonus Tip - don't over-pack your bags! Try to use luggage that has wheels, alternate which shoulder you sling your straps over, and use thickly padded straps (ideal backpacks) whenever possible.
Are You Heading Over the River and Through the Woods this Upcoming Holiday Season?
Prepare for your travels (or recover from them) with help from our chiropractor in Kenosha WI. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about the 100% drug-free services we offer, call Jeranek Chiropractic today at (262) 694-7833.