Knee Pain Relief in Kenosha
At Jeranek Family Chiropractic, we specialize in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. One of the most common reasons why patients come to see us involves knee pain. Our knees provide us with the strength and flexibility we need to go about our daily routines. Therefore, knee pain can lead to serious quality of life issues. We are here to provide everyone with access to complete knee pain treatment that will lead to comprehensive knee pain relief. This starts with understanding some of the most common causes of knee pain.
What Are the Most Common Symptoms of Knee Pain?
If you are suffering from knee pain, this can present in a variety of ways. Some of the most common symptoms of knee pain include:
- Pain just above, just below, or on top of the kneecap itself
- Reduced range of motion leading to problems flexing or extending the knee
- Worsening knee pain when trying to take the stairs or walk uphill
- A feeling that the knee is going to give out while walking or running
- Difficulty cutting or changing direction while walking or running
- Swelling in and around the knee
- A feeling of sandpaper, clicking, or grinding in the knee while walking or running
These are just a few of the most common symptoms of knee pain. Because knee pain can stem from a variety of conditions from just as many causes, it can present differently from patient to patient.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Knee Pain?
There are a few common causes of knee pain. Some of the most common causes of knee pain include:
- Workplace Accidents: Some people suffer a knee injury in the workplace. This might involve an accident due to heavy lifting or even a simple fall down the stairs
- Chronic Medical Conditions: Some people might have knee pain due to a chronic medical condition. One of the most common conditions that leads to knee pain is arthritis, which causes destruction of the cartilaginous cushion that usually protects the bones in the knee
- Sports Injuries: Without a doubt, sports are among the most common causes of knee pain. A non-contact injury involving the knee is usually a sign of a ligament tear; however, contact injuries can be just as serious.
- Car Accidents: Finally, car accidents are another common cause of knee pain. This can lead to an injury known as dashboard knee, which is a sprain of the PCL.
An Overview of the Most Common Ligament Tears
There are several common ligament tears that can take place in the knee. These include:
- ACL Tear: The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) prevents the top of the knee from sliding too far forward relative to the lower leg. A tear of the ACL will lead to excess knee motion in the forward direction.
- PCL Tear: The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) prevents the top of the knee from sliding too far back relative to the lower leg. A tear of the PCL will lead to excess knee motion in the backward direction.
- LCL Tear: The lateral collateral ligament (LCL) prevents the top of the knee from sliding too far to the outside of the body. An LCL tear leads to excessive lateral movement.
- MCL Tear: The medial collateral ligament (ACL) prevents the top of the knee from sliding too far to the inside of the body. An MCL tear leads to excessive medial movement.
Knee Pain Treatment and Relief Options
There are several knee pain treatment options we provide, including:
- Chiropractic Care:First, we need to make sure that your knee's ligaments, bones, and tendons are properly aligned using adjustments
- Corrective Exercises:Then, we can use corrective exercises to strengthen your knee, preventing future injuries
- Physiotherapy:Finally, we can use physiotherapy to restore flexibility and range of motion to your knee
Contact Jeranek Family Chiropractic for the Best Knee Pain Relief!
At Jeranek Family Chiropractic, we have been serving the Kenosha, WI for more than 27+ years. We provide free patient consultations, personalized care, and a holistic approach to knee pain treatment. Call us today at (262) 694-7833 to make an appointment for knee pain relief!