Plantar Fasciitis Treatment in Kenosha
There are lots of reasons why people might seek the care of a chiropractor; however, one of the most common causes is called plantar fasciitis. At Jeranek Family Chiropractic, plantar fasciitis is one of the most common reasons why people come to visit us. We understand how serious this condition can be and how much pain people can experience. If you are looking for plantar fasciitis treatment in Kenosha, then we are here to help you. Learn more about this foot condition below!
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
If you are experiencing pain in your foot, then the cause might be plantar fasciitis. The foot is lined by something called fascia on the bottom. This is a connective and protective tissue that helps guard your foot against the stresses of walking and running. This fascia also keeps the various parts of your foot in place.
Over time, this fascia could become inflamed. This is called plantar fasciitis and leads to foot pain. When it comes to the causes and symptoms of plantar fasciitis, there are a few important points that you should note.
What Are the Common Causes and Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis?
Similar to other medical conditions, there are a variety of causes of plantar fasciitis. Some of the most common reasons why people might develop plantar fasciitis include:
- Running: Those who are long-distance runners are at an increased risk of developing plantar fasciitis. The repeated stretching and contracting that goes with running track and cross-country can lead to the development of plantar fasciitis.
- Ballet: In addition, those who are ballet dancers also run the risk of developing plantar fasciitis. For reasons why are similar to runners, ballet dancers place a lot of stress on their feet as well.
- Occupations with Extensive Walking: Finally, those who do a lot of walking during the course of the day also run the risk of developing plantar fasciitis. Healthcare workers are at particular risk of developing this condition.
Those who develop plantar fasciitis will notice a number of symptoms, including:
- Pain on the bottom of their foot
- A stabbing pain that is worst in the heel
- Pain that is usually worse in the morning
- Pain that gets worse with exertion
The good news is that there are several treatment options.
How Is Plantar Fasciitis Treated?
Those who have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis might think that they require surgery; however, this is not always the case. A chiropractor can treat plantar fasciitis as well. Some of the ways that a chiropractor can help include:
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is used to calm the inflammation on the bottom of the foot, allowing the muscles, nerves, ligaments, and tendons to relax. This can treat the symptoms of plantar fasciitis.
- Chiropractic Care: Then, we can use chiropractic care to address the root cause of plantar fasciitis, adjusting the alignment of the bottom of the foot using adjustments and manipulations. This places the foot in a position to heal naturally.
We seek to take a well-rounded approach to the treatment of plantar fasciitis. Our goal is to make sure the symptoms do not return.
Rely on the Experienced Team from Jeranek Family Chiropractic for Plantar Fasciitis Treatment in Kenosha
If you are looking for someone who can help you address the root cause of plantar fasciitis, then look no further than Jeranek Family Chiropractic. At Jeranek Family Chiropractic, we provide exceptional plantar fasciitis treatment in Kenosha as well as healthcare for a wide range of other conditions. We would be happy to help you as well. For the past 24 years, we have placed the needs of the people of Kenosha ahead of our own and we would be happy to do the same for you as well. We provide free consultations and accept most insurance plans. To learn more about how we can help you, please give us a call today at (262) 694-7833