Proper Lifting Tips from your Kenosha Chiropractor
Packing and unpacking decorations for the holidays can put a lot of strain on your lower back. Before you make another trip to the attic, basement, or garage, your Kenosha, WI chiropractor would like to give you a bit of advice before lifting those heavy holiday decoration boxes.
Some Tips for Proper Lifting
Here's a bit of heavy lifting advice recommended by the American Physical Therapy Association:
- It's important that you have a direct and clear path to the decoration boxes. If you head down to the basement and are throwing stuff around right and left to get to the desired boxes it's a cinch that you may be making sudden or awkward movements that might strain your back muscles
- Once you've gotten to the desired boxes try pushing them first with your foot. If they're too heavy and will hardly budge, ask a friend or relative for help
- If the box passes the foot test do not bend over the box to lift it. You want to lift that box using your leg strength, not your back. Face the box straight on, stand very close to it, keep your back very straight, bend your knees and lift
- Once you've lifted the box maintain your balance by keeping your feet a good shoulder-width apart. This ensures that you will be carrying the holiday box's weight evenly. Walk straight and do not make any jerky movements or twisting when you are lowering the box to the ground
- Despite the advice mentioned above, if you manage to hurt your back while lifting, there's a chiropractor in Kenosha WI that has your back - literally! We offer gentle chiropractic care, corrective exercises, physiotherapy, electrical muscle stimulation, in-clinic physical rehabilitation, and so much more!
Contact the Best Chiropractor in Kenosha
If you are experiencing lower back pain caused by improper lifting, it's time to contact the best chiropractor in Kenosha, WI. Dr. Jeranek and her experienced and caring staff are ready to help! Contact us at (262)694-7833 to schedule an appointment or a consultation.